Victorian GP Liaison
Victorian GP Liaison services aim to promote an integrated, person-centred health care system providing quality care and better health outcomes for Victorians.
GP Liaison functions include:
- Assisting GPs in accessing appropriate services for their patients, and providing a point of contact for GPs in the community;
- Facilitating continuity and integration of care by improving hospital-primary care communication, including emergency, inpatient and discharge summaries, and outpatient correspondence;
- Improving access to services and managing hospital demand, including development of referral guidelines and Health Pathways;
- Providing advocacy for primary care within health services;
- Supporting opportunities for GP education;
- Participating in development and implementation of shared care programs;
- Supporting the design and implementation of eHealth initiatives including eReferral and telehealth.
GP Liaison services in Victoria: