Social Prescribing Initiatives | In Practice
Learn from others | This webpage is dedicated to highlighting Australian social prescribing services or initiatives. These are short snapshots with a view to increasing local service awareness, connectivity and information sharing.
- Campaspe Regional Library Service Community Outreach Social & Recreational Support involves Campaspe Regional Library Service, Echuca Regional Health, Rochester Elmore District Health Service, Bendigo Health, Kyabram District Health, Uniting Age Well, Baptcare.
- Friendship Cafes Women’s Association South East Melbourne.
- Guided Park Walks program Parks Victoria.
- Heart Foundation Walking
- IPC Health Melbourne Social Prescribing Service and Pilot.
- Living Well Ageing Well Merri Health.
- Living Our Best Life a partnership between the Community Houses Association of the Outer-eastern Suburbs (CHAOS), Temple Society Australia and the five Neighbourhood Houses.
- Nhill West Wimmera Health Service social prescribing initiatives include Café Health, Friends across the Ages, and Community Gardens.
- ‘Photovoice’ Communication Group Calvary Health Care Bethlehem.
- Reclink free sport and art programs for disadvantaged Australians to create socially inclusive, life-changing opportunities. Referral form here
- Selandra Community Hub
- Social Prescribing Highett Neighbourhood House and Hampton Community Centre.
- Social Connection Partnerships Western Victoria Primary Health Network.
- Strengthening Social Connections Alfred Health, The Letterbox Project and C Care
- The Safe Haven Cafe St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne.
- Umbrella Dementia Cafés a network of informal and multigenerational community social groups for families and people living dementia
- Warm Safe Home Macarthur Community Health Centre
- Wellbeing Scripts System Building Central Highlands Association of Neighbourhood Houses Inc